Adult film actress Stormy Daniels files defamation lawsuit against President Trump

The porn actress alleging she had an an affair with President Donald Trump is escalating her legal fight by suing the president for defamation.

Stormy Daniels filed the complaint in federal court in New York on Monday. At issue is a tweet Trump made in which he dismissed a composite sketch that Daniels says depicted a man who threatened her in 2011 to stay quiet about her alleged sexual encounter with Trump.

In the tweet earlier in April, Trump said: “A sketch years later about a nonexistent man. A total con job, playing the Fake News Media for Fools (but they know it)!”

The filing says the tweet was “false and defamatory,” arguing that Trump was speaking about Daniels and that he “knew that his false, disparaging statement would be read by people around the world, as well as widely reported.” It also says Daniels has been “exposed to death threats and other threats of physical violence.”

Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford, is seeking a jury trial and unspecified damages. Her attorney Michael Avenatti said Monday, “We intend on teaching Mr. Trump that you cannot simply make things up about someone and disseminate them without serious consequences.”

The lawsuit is the latest legal move from Daniels, who already is suing to be released from a non-disclosure deal she agreed to days before the 2016 election in exchange for $130,000. The payment was made by the president’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen. That civil lawsuit was delayed in federal court in Los Angeles on Friday, with the judge citing a criminal investigation that Cohen is facing.

Cohen asked for a delay after FBI agents raided his home and office several weeks ago. The FBI was seeking records about the nondisclosure agreement. Cohen’s attorney said in court last week that because the criminal investigation overlaps with issues in the lawsuit, his client’s right against self-incrimination could be adversely impacted because he won’t be able to respond and defend himself.

Aided by her hard-charging attorney, Michael Avenatti, Daniels has aggressively sought to keep her case in the public eye. Several weeks ago, she revealed a sketch on ABC’s “The View” that she said depicts the man who warned her in 2011 to stay quiet about a 2006 tryst with Trump.

Trump faced a number of allegations about his sexual exploits long before he ran for president. The White House says Trump did not have a sexual encounter with Daniels, and the president has denied the other allegations as well.

Trump is also facing a New York defamation lawsuit filed by Summer Zervos, a former contestant on “The Apprentice.” Zervos has accused Trump of unwanted sexual contact in 2007 and sued him after he dismissed the claims as made up. A judge ruled that lawsuit can move forward.

SOURCE

Advertisements

Kim Kardashian Just Unfollowed Khloé’s Boyfriend Tristan Thompson

In the tabloids, there’s been talk courtesy of sources that Khloé Kardashian’s family believes she deserves better than Tristan Thompson, her NBA-player boyfriend who was publicly revealed to have allegedly cheated on her multiple times days before she gave birth to their daughter, True.

Now, her sister Kim Kardashian is the first to come out publicly against Tristan. She spoke out about his behavior on the Ellen DeGeneres show and additionally unfollowed him on Instagram. Kim’s silence—and with it, look of civil neutrality—are done.

The Instagram unfollow comes shortly after Ellen DeGeneres shared a preview clip of Kim’s appearance on her show Friday. The full interview airs today. Ellen asked Kim about her feelings regarding the Tristan situation. Kim did not hold back:

“Like, I don’t even know how to describe it other than it’s just so fucked up. We really were rooting for Khloé. And we still are. She’s so strong and she’s doing the best she can. It’s a really sad situation all over. I kind of made this rule with my brother: if there’s a baby involved, I’m not going talk—I’m going to keep it cute and keep it classy and not talk too bad on [the parent]—I’m going to try not to say anything too negative because one day, True is going to see this, and it’s just, you know, so messed up.”

All of Kim’s sisters—Khloé Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, and Kendall Jenner—and her mother Kris Jenner still follow Tristan on Instagram. None of them have said anything against him publicly on the record.

Khloé herself, People reported on April 25, has made “no decision” on her future with him, a source said, and is “delaying that conversation until she’s ready.”

SOURCE

Bill Cosby Found Guilty of Sexual Assault After Years of Accusations

Cosby’s main accuser, Andrea Constand, and two other women who testified that Cosby also drugged and sexually assaulted them were in the courtroom and burst into tears as the verdict was announced.
“I feel like my faith in humanity has been restored,” one of the women, Lili Bernard, said after hearing the verdict.

The conviction came about 11 months after a mistrial was declared in Cosby’s first trial when a jury failed to reach a verdict.

The jury of seven men and five women began deliberating Wednesday and spent a little over 12 hours going over evidence presented to them over two weeks before rendering their unanimous decision.

After the verdict was announced, Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele asked Judge Steven O’Neill to revoke Coby’s bail and send him to jail right away.

“I understand this is very serious … however to ask to revoke the bail of individual … is your concern?” O’Neill asked Steele.

“Flight,” Steele said. “To any place. He has a plane.”

At that point, Cosby screamed out in a booming voice: “He doesn’t have a plane you a——!”

Cosby was convicted charges connected to the assault on Andrea Constand, a former director of operations for the women’s basketball team at Temple University, where Cosby was a trustee and major financial donor. Constand testified that Cosby knocked her out with a powerful drug and sexually assaulted her in 2004 at his home.

The prosecution was also allowed to call five other women to testify that Cosby assaulted them in the same manner.

SOURCE

How Princess Charlotte, 2, just made royal history

Move over, #RoyalBaby. Princess Charlotte, not even 3, has just made history.

Although her mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, gave birth to a son Monday morning, Charlotte’s order in the line of succession to the British throne won’t change based on her gender.

This makes Charlotte the first princess who won’t be overtaken in the line by a younger brother.

It’s all thanks to the Succession to the Crown Act of 2013, which changed tradition to state that the gender of a royal born after October 28, 2011 does not give that person, or their descendants, precedence over anyone else in determining the next monarch.

Before this legislation was passed, older sisters were passed by their baby brothers in the order of succession. This would have dropped Princess Charlotte, 2, behind both her siblings: Prince George, 4, and the as-yet-unnamed baby.

The Succession to the Crown Act was announced in 2013 but didn’t take effect until 2015, making Monday’s newborn the first member of the immediate royal family to be affected by its changes.

Prince Charles is the current heir to the British throne, which has been occupied by his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, since 1952. Prince William is second, followed by Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and the new baby boy.

What about Prince Harry, you ask? He has now been demoted to sixth in line.

Kate Middleton gave birth to the newest member of the royal family about 11 a.m. local time at St. Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, west London. The boy is Queen Elizabeth II’s sixth great-grandchild. He weighs 8 lbs 7oz (3.8 kilograms), and both mother and baby are “doing well,” according to the Palace.

SOURCE

KAREN MCDOUGAL SETTLES NATIONAL ENQUIRER SUIT

Ex-Playmate Karen McDougal is clear to spill the beans about her alleged affair with Donald Trump … and, perhaps most importantly to her, make a ton o’ money off it.

McDougal had sued the National Enquirer’s parent company, American Media, over a non-disclosure agreement she signed with them in 2016. She got $150k and some promotional perks, and the Enquirer got her exclusive story about the 2006 affair with Trump. She sued to get out of the deal.

Well, they reached a settlement … according to the New York Times, and is now allowed to talk all she wants about her Trump relationship. You’ll recall, McDougal sat down with Anderson Cooper last month for a CNN special.

So, why does the settlement matter? It’s pretty clear based on the terms, which include American Media getting $75k of any future profits Karen makes off selling the Trump story.

Start the countdown to Karen’s tell-all book hitting stores — but ya gotta wonder what’s left for her to reveal. The NYT says she also gets to keep her $150k fee.

SOURCE

Kendrick Lamar is a Pulitzer Prize winner

Kendrick Lamar now has a Pulitzer Prize to go with all his Grammy Awards.

Lamar’s “DAMN” was announced as the recipient of the prestigious award on Monday, a history-making first for a rap artist, as the music award is typically given to classical or jazz works.

The 2017 Pulitzer Prize for music went to “Angel’s Bone,” an opera by composer Du Yun.

“DAMN” is Lamar’s fourth studio album and was released in April 2017.


Lamar’s politically charged performance at the Grammy Awards in January won him wide praise.

“DAMN” picked up best rap album at the award show. His song “Humble” also picked up best rap performance, best rap song and best music video.

The New York Times and The New Yorker were also awarded prizes for their reporting on Harvey Weinstein that put the #MeToo movement in the national spotlight.

SOURCE

Beyonce Brings Out JAY-Z and Destiny’s Child for Historic Coachella Headlining Set

After postponing 2017’s headlining Coachella slot due to her pregnancy with twins, Beyoncé made a historic return to the main stage to close out the second night (April 14) of the festival in Indio, Calif.

Prior to what would ultimately turn out to be a new career-defining peak, rumors swirled that the pop megastar would reunite Destiny’s Child and bring out 100 dancers to back her up. And just hours before performance began, she took to Facebook to shout out her fans, and let them know to get in formation during the hour intermission before the games began.

“I am so excited to see the BeyHive tonight at Coachella,” she wrote. “We have been working hard and have a special show planned for you so please be safe and stay hydrated. We need your energy! There will be an hour intermission before my performance, so mark your spot, charge your phones, grab your drinks. Can’t wait to see y’all at 11:05pm!”

The speculation and rumors were accurate: Not only did Beyoncé reach a new creative peak, but she did it all while making it look effortless. Throughout a ceaseless two-hour set, the pop icon took the swelling Coachella crowd back to the days of feverish high school pep rallies and college homecomings. On stage, a tiered set of bleachers scraped the sky as a brass band and dozens of dancers backed what was indisputably the weekend’s most stunning performance, with guest appearances from a reunited Destiny’s Child (for a series of their classics), as well as cameos from her husband JAY-Z and sister Solange.

Most importantly, though, Beyoncé made history, not just in her own career — turning her music and performance into high art — but at the festival, which is now in its 19th year. “Coachella, thanks for allowing me to be the first black woman to headline,” she said before bringing out Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. “Ain’t that ’bout a bitch?”

Even by Beyoncé’s standards, the show went above and beyond. It was impeccably choreographed, designed and directed, right down to the minute details — Bey tapping her fingers across her knees in time to the beat on “Partition,” the exact dance moves done for her rendition of “Baby Boy,” the little teases of hits from the past as songs segued from one to the next.

“This is a very important performance for me,” she told the crowd between “Sorry” and “Bow Down/I Been On.” “I’m happy to be back home on the stage tonight.”

But above all, Beyoncé did it without breaking a sweat, an almost superhuman feat. Whether she was soaring over the crowd during “Drunk in Love,” or hitting micro-choreographed dance moves with the best backup dancers available while growling, “Suck on my balls” during “Sorry,” she proved that she’s truly pushing her art form forward, in both creative scope and the breadth of music she’s recorded. It was invaluable context, even, to get glimpses of her roots throughout the performance, whether Bey was singing with JAY-Z for “Déjà Vu,” dancing with Solange for the extended version of “Get Me Bodied,” or traipsing through her Destiny’s Child days with Rowland and Williams as if the chemistry had never wavered.

Of course, when it comes to Beyoncé, nothing ever wavers. Not only did the Queen set a new standard for herself at Coachella, but she set a standard for the entire festival and its future marquee performers — not just as the first black woman to headline the fest, but as an artist whose creative prowess will continue to be nearly impossible to match.

SOURCE