Category Archives: beef

Blacc Youngsta Arrested in Connection to Young Dolph Shooting

Memphis rapper Blac Youngsta on Tuesday was arrested on felony weapons charges in connection to the Young Dolph shooting in Charlotte during CIAA Weekend. Young Dolph, who was present for the festivities, was on his way to a show when his SUV was lit up with more than 100 rounds of ammunition.

Blacc Youngsta Arrested in Connection to Young Dolph Shooting

Earlier today [May 16th] Youngsta turned himself into police custody in connection with the shooting, although it is not clear to what extent he was involved. A representative for Youngsta had this to say: “Memphis-based rap artist Blac Youngsta has turned himself in on charges filed in Charlotte NC. The warrants served were based on lyrics from rapper Young Dolph’s Bulletproof mixtape. Youngsta will await arraignment while he maintains innocence and no involvement with the incident.”

Blacc Youngsta Arrested in Connection to Young Dolph Shooting

3 charges of “diss weap occ dwell/moving veh,” are listed, each with a bond amount of $15,000. Blac Youngsta, given name Sammie Marquez Benson, was arrested in North Carolina.

The story is still developing.

SOURCE: VLADTV

United passenger launches legal action over forceful removal

Lawyers for the passenger dragged from a United Airlines plane in Chicago filed an emergency request with an Illinois state court on Wednesday to require the carrier to preserve video recordings and other evidence related to the incident.

Citing the risk of “serious prejudice” to their client, Dr. David Dao, the lawyers want United and the City of Chicago, which runs O’Hare International Airport, to preserve surveillance videos, cockpit voice recordings, passenger and crew lists, and other materials related to United Flight 3411.

Chicago’s Aviation Department said on Wednesday that two more officers had been placed on leave in connection with the April 9 incident, during which airport security officers dragged Dao from his seat aboard a United jet headed for Louisville, Kentucky. One officer was placed on leave on Tuesday.

Paul Callan, a civil and criminal trial lawyer in New York, said the public outcry over Dao’s treatment would likely push the airline to a quick and generous settlement.

“Because United has such a catastrophic PR problem, this case has a much greater value than such a case would normally have,” he said.

United Chief Executive Oscar Munoz on Wednesday apologized to Dao, his family and United customers in an ABC News interview, saying the company would no longer use law enforcement officers to remove passengers from overbooked flights.

“This can never, will never happen again,” he said.

Munoz is under pressure to contain a torrent of bad publicity and calls for boycotts against United unleashed by videos that captured Dao’s rough treatment by airline and airport security staff.

Dao was removed to make room for additional crew members, United said.

Footage from the incident shows Dao, bloodied and disheveled, returning to the cabin and repeating: “Just kill me. Kill me,” and “I have to go home.”

As of Tuesday, Dao was still in a Chicago hospital recovering from his injuries, his lawyer said.

On Wednesday, United said it would compensate all passengers on board the flight the cost of their tickets.

Munoz said United would be examining the way it compensates customers who volunteer to give up seats on overbooked planes, adding that it would likely not demand that seated passengers surrender their places.

 

SOURCE: REUTERS

Doctor ‘knocked out’ as he’s forcibly removed from overbooked plane

United Airlines had asked four passengers to leave at random after realising that a flight to Louisville from Chicago last night was overbooked.

However, when no one agreed to take up their offer of $800 and a free hotel stay, the airline began to pick passengers at random.

But the passenger had refused telling staff that he was doctor and needed to see his patients in the morning.

Footage, shot by passenger Audra Bridges, shows the passenger strike his head as he is removed.

She said that after initially being removed the doctor made his way back on the plane but had a bloody face and seemed disorientated, before being removed again.

She told the Courier Journal:that after a young couple had left voluntarily, the doctor had refused leading to the confrontation.

‘Everyone was shocked and appalled,’ she said. ‘There were several children on the flight as well that were very upset.’

The man was the only passenger forcibly removed form the flight, United Airlines said.

They added: ‘Flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville was overbooked,” the spokesperson said. “After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate.

‘We apologize for the overbook situation. Further details on the removed customer should be directed to authorities.’

SOURCE: METRO

Real Housewives of Potomac Season 2 Episode 1 Recap

Have you missed the ladies of Potomac in their absence from our screens?

If so, then The Real Housewives of Potomac Season 2 Episode 1 was most definitely the episode you were craving. It had it all: Catfights, Fashion and a whole lot of shade.

When the episode got underway, Gizelle Bryant was trying on a new wig and implying she knew better than Beyonce. “Becky and all of her good hair don’t have nothin’ on me.” Yeah, we believe you Gizelle. If that was not self-centered enough, Gizelle then pleaded with her hairdresser to let her speak about her new boyfriend.

“Can we talk about my man? … Kevin. … I dunno if we’re gonna mingle, but we’re at least gonna give it a shot.” Um, Gizelle, it sure seems like you don’t know much about your man. “If he comes in a short package, that’s fine. As long as not everything is short,” she concluded.

After that, we checked in with Charrisse — who was no longer reeling from the events that paved the way for her husband to ditch her. “Charrisse last year was a very unhappy person and holding onto damaged goods. … Charrisse don’t live here anymore.”

Charrisse also revealed that she sent a cease and desist letter to Charrisse for chatting smack about her to Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live.

Meanwhile, Ashley revealed that things between her and Michael were not good and part of that was down to their restaurant not doing good business.

“We’re eight months in, and it’s been a very difficult time. … People weren’t really digging our food.” She then opened up about their dire finances, saying, “Michael has invested over 1.5 million dollars, and he’s taking care of it until we make ends meet. It’s putting a strain on my relationship.”

That’s a whole lot of money to invest in something that appears to be failing. Ashley was not the only cast member struggling with dire straits on the financial side of things. Robyn revealed that things were not going well. “As a result of all of our financial challenges, our house ended up going into foreclosure.” She then opened up about her husband, Juan and his desire to become a couple again. “Juan wants us to be a couple again, but there’s a block up that’s preventing me from looking at our situation as a relationship.”

After that, Charisse revealed that her husband wanted to part ways with her. “He’s wanting a divorce.” She continued, “I decided that you know what? My children are what’s important. … We haven’t talked about it so much. … Hopefully, he gets a job.”

Later, Gizelle stirred up some drama for Charrisse. Robyn was trying to bring the feud to an end, but defended Charrisse in the process. “I don’t feel like she was calling you a whore. … Didn’t she say something like, ‘I’m not going around calling you a whore?’”

“You were wrong for putting her business out there.”

However, Robyn’s words were not enough to tone down Gizelle, who went forward with some more claims about her former friend. “She has told me she cheats on Eddie,” Gizelle claimed. Is she lying? We have no idea.

At the Manifest Your Destiny competition charity event, Gizelle tried to stir up some more drama. This time it was all down to a dancer named Teon who was grinding on Ashley. Ashley did win first place in the competition, but Charrisse was too busy turning her attentions to Gizelle.

“I did not call you a f–king whore. Don’t let the zip code fool you, baby.” Gizelle seemed to retreat, but is she just biding her time to ruin Charrisse’s life?

SOURCE: HG

20 Years Later, Biggie Smalls’ Mom Has a ‘Very Good Idea’ Who Killed Him

On September 7, 1996, West Coast hip-hop legend Tupac Shakur was gunned down in Las Vegas. Six months later, Brooklyn heavyweight Biggie Smalls—The Notorious B.I.G.—was fatally targeted in a L.A. drive-by shooting. Biggie’s death was also the final nail in the coffin of the West Coast-East Coast, Death Row Records-Bad Boy Records feud that came to define hip-hop’s 1990s glory days. On the anniversary of Biggie’s murder 20 years later, it’s difficult to remember a time when coastal allegiances amounted to more than a preference for Shake Shack or In-N-Out.

While Biggie and Tupac may have been enemies by the end—with Tupac rapping about sleeping with Biggie’s wife, and ‘Pac turning against Biggie in the wake of the 1994 Quad Studios shooting — death is the great equalizer: Now, the once-beefing rappers are equally likely to be found immortalized on the dorm room wall of a college freshman, or momentarily resurrected as a headlining hologram. But incredibly advanced lasers aren’t the only forces bringing these hip-hop legends back to life. Two decades later, the lives and deaths of Tupac and Biggie are getting the USA network treatment. The upcoming series Unsolved, which dives deep into the two cold case murder investigations, stars Wavy Jonez and Marcc Rose as Biggie and Tupac, respectively. For Rose, it will be his second time playing 2Pac, reprising his role from 2015’s Straight Outta Compton.

And while watching Jonez and Rose channeling the rappers on set is unsettling, life is even stranger than fiction. In a new Daily Mail interview Voletta Wallace, the 64-year-old mother of Biggie Smalls, insists that a “conspiracy” is standing in the way of justice being served. Wallace confidently points fingers at the LAPD, claiming, “I have a very good idea who murdered Christopher and I genuinely believe that the LAPD knows exactly who did too.” She adds, “They’ve done their investigation, but they just refuse to move forward. I don’t know why they haven’t arrested who was involved. It seems to me that it’s one giant conspiracy, and someone is definitely being protected somewhere down the line.” For Biggie’s mother, “There’s no closure for me until that murderer is behind bars and sentenced.”

Of course, Wallace isn’t the first to weigh in on Biggie’s killing, and she certainly won’t be the last. The still-unsolved murders of Biggie and Tupac have launched more conspiracy theories than Alex Jones could ever dream of. Among the more outlandish claims are theories that the FBI shot both of the rappers in an effort to curb hip hop-related violence, or that Biggie and Tupac are actually alive and kicking it in a small resort town in New Zealand. Hey, if it’s good enough for Peter Thiel, it’s good enough for Biggie and ‘Pac.

While we don’t have a name or a face to link to Wallace’s claims, there are a good number of details for would-be conspiracists to comb through, courtesy of a cache of FBI files on the case. In 2011 The Daily Beast went through the documents to get a more vivid picture of Notorious B.I.G’s murder. Twenty years ago, Biggie was leaving a Soul Train Awards afterparty in a three-car motorcade; Biggie was in the second car, and his friend and label founder Sean Combs was in the first. At around 12:45 a.m., “An African-American male dressed in a blue suit and bow tie” fired six shots at the vehicles, with four of them hitting Biggie Smalls in the chest. The rapper was pronounced dead at 1:15 a.m.

Death Row Records executive Suge Knight was a main suspect, in keeping with the theory that Biggie’s death was a direct response to Tupac’s murder. Knight denied any and all involvement in B.I.G’s death. The LAPD, which was accused of corruption in the case, made the decision in tandem with the FBI to close the investigation into Biggie’s murder, abandoning the 18-month case they had been trying to build against Knight. Four years later, the case was reopened after new information allegedly surfaced. Biggie’s mother brought a $400 million wrongful death suit against the LAPD in 2006, which was eventually dismissed.

The FBI files are full of juicy details, such as information about LAPD Officer David A. Mack, a suspect in the case who had a Tupac shrine in his garage, along with guns and ammo. Other interesting tidbits include one informant’s accusations that Notorious B.I.G. had secret ties to New York City’s Genovese crime family, and the revelation that the rapper was carrying marijuana, a pen, an asthma inhaler, and three magnum condoms on his person at the time of his death. But according to a new Daily Mail source, Biggie wasn’t even the intended victim. The source, who was allegedly with Biggie on the night of his death, “is convinced the bullets were meant for P. Diddy.” There’s a certain logic to that, seeing as many fans believe that the artist formerly known as Puff Daddy played a pivotal role in Tupac’s death. According to this theory Sean Combs, one of hip-hop’s biggest living moguls, was just one lucky Suburban away from meeting his maker.

SOURCE: DB

 

Soulja Boy Charged With Gun Possession

Soulja Boy is now facing a felony for the guns police found in his house during his December arrest.

Soulja Boy Charged With Gun Possession

The L.A. County D.A. just slapped him with 2 felonies — possession of an assault weapon and being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was also charged with a misdemeanor for receiving stolen property … cops say one of the guns in Soulja’s house was reportedly stolen from a cop car.

Soulja Boy Charged With Gun Possession

The assault weapon charge is for a Mini Draco AR-15 … which is illegal for anyone to possess in California.
If convicted Soulja could face more than 4 years in prison.

SOURCE: WWF

Inside the Women’s March & History in the Making

Donald Trump hammered home in his inaugural address outside the Capitol building Friday the promise he had sewn onto so many red ballcaps: that he would Make America Great Again. In the same spot the following day, protesters with far less nostalgia for America’s past – women who lived through the Civil Rights movement, who came of age in an era when abortion was criminalized, who have vivid memories of a time when gay men and women were regularly victimized – have gathered to say, We are not going back. 

gty-womens-march-washington-4-jt-170121_12x5_1600

An estimated 500,000 marchers – more than double the crowd that showed up to watch Trump’s swearing-in – are squeezed onto the National Mall with their families and their hand-drawn signs and their pink knit caps, waiting for their turn to talk at the Women’s March on Washington.

They self-describe as “nasty,” but for the most part the marchers are good: they don’t push, they carry their possessions in translucent bags, as requested, and their posters don’t have poles or sticks or stakes. Some are frustrated to see the evangelical Christians who are parked in the middle of the Mall hoisting signs that read “Attention Rebellious Jezebels” and “Abortion Is Murder” with strictly verboten metal poles.

devin-yalkin-womens-march-01-4bceb7e8-a807-49f4-baa8-320fa929ab2f

It isn’t fair, but add it to the fucking list: Hillary Clinton earned three million more votes than Donald Trump and still lost the presidency. Women earn 80 cents on the dollar compared to men – women of color even less. They have only 19 percent representation in Congress.

As they’ve proven by turning out in record numbers all over the U.S. and the world Saturday, women are tired of double standards. So they surround the anti-abortion protesters and chant, “My body, my choice!” and “Love trumps hate!” loud enough to drown out the bullhorn.

A teenage boy leans out from the Newseum’s second-floor balcony, waving and kissing his star-spangled Make America Great Again hat and hollering, “Jesus loves you! Donald Trump loves you!” as the march sweeps down Pennsylvania Avenue. The marchers channel Michelle Obama, drowning him out with chants of, “When they go low, we go high!”

170121143229-womens-march-london-0121-exlarge-169

For the millions of men and women pouring into the streets around the world Saturday, the march is a show of force, proof that for however many people are happy about Donald Trump’s inauguration – and that number is far smaller than he or his press secretary would have us believe – many more are unhappy. Across the country, and in countries around the globe, people are showing up to drown Trump out.

Just past the Newseum, four women – ages 57, 66, 77 and 79 – are sitting on a bench, watching as a line of police vans cuts through the protesters. One of the women, Roberta Safer, explains why they drove together from Maryland for the march. “I demonstrated in 1957 for Civil Rights,” she says. “It’s still the same problems, and Donald Trump’s cabinet picks are going to reverse many of the things that we’ve had. … It just upsets me to see us go backwards.”

Her friend Rosanna Mason has similar concerns. “My wife, before she died, was a teacher. I’m getting texts constantly from her students: ‘What about me, what about me? Am I going to be deported? Are they going to send me to [conversion] therapy?’ A lot of people are scared.” She says she tells them the only thing she can: that she remembers how she coped as a lesbian before gay rights were mainstream. “I remember back in the Seventies, I remember the Eighties, the violence. I tell them to hold on to your friends. … because when we all do it together, we’ll be stronger.”

devin-yalkin-womens-march-04-cd74913b-8dfb-423e-8c7f-b1eb9378dc76

The Bikers for Trump have set up a counter-protest in support of the new president at a park on Pennsylvania Avenue. There aren’t more than 20 Trump supporters there, but they have a stage equipped with speakers blasting Lee Greenwood, Toby Keith and Kid Rock at an unreasonable volume. At one point, the group’s head, Chris Cox, gets onstage and tells the marchers, “On November 8th, America voted, and it voted for Donald Trump.”

“Three million votes! Three million votes!” they chant back.

Off to one side, 31-year-old Courtney Miller is holding a sign that reads, “Sorry. Were my civil rights getting the way of your privilege?” She asks a man in a Confederate hat why he still wears it even though the South lost. He retorts by asking her why she has black pride – her people lost too, he says. For ten minutes, he tries (and fails) to defend an indefensible point, while she maintains her composure, trying, maybe in vain, to reason with him.

“You never get anything accomplished by fighting, by yelling and screaming. We’re not going to get our points across. We might leave here today and agree to disagree, but maybe I said something that will make him think,” Miller says after the interaction. “I’m standing here because my grandparents had to do this. Now I have to do this. I’m hoping my kids don’t have to do this. We’re marching for the same things, and I’m getting tired.”

SOURCE: RS