Tag Archives: robbery

YG Arrested on Felony Robbery Charges Stemming from Vegas Casino Incident

YG has been arrested for his role in an assault on a man at the Cosmopolitan Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.

The Bompton rapper is being charged with felony robbery for yanking the man’s chain off his neck and taking off with it. Unfortunately for YG, TMZ reports that surveillance cameras caught the entire incident including YG taking off with the man’s chain which is considered to be worth between $3000-$9000.

The alleged victim of the assault sued YG back in June claiming that he had his crew jump him and take his chain. The victim is seeking $25K.

SOURCE

XXXTentacion Dead Following Shooting

Rapper XXXTentacion was shot to death in Florida on Monday, TMZ reports.

According to eyewitnesses, who posted graphic footage from the scene on social media, the Florida rapper (real name Jahseh Onfroy), 20, “appeared lifeless with no pulse.” His condition had initially been reported as critical; the Broward County Fire Department has since confirmed to TMZ that Onfroy has been pronounced dead.

According to emergency dispatch audio, picked up by TMZ, the incident involved a drive-by shooting outside of a Deerfield Beach motorcycle shop and the shooters have not yet been identified; Onfroy was also reportedly robbed during the incident.

XXXTentacion got his start on SoundCloud and, in March, earned his first No. 1 album. The controversial rapper had also been accused of domestic violence and was still awaiting trial for those charges at the time of the shooting.

SOURCE

Rich The Kid in Hospital After Home Invasion

According to TMZ, Rich The Kid is in the hospital after being attacked and robbed at gunpoint in Los Angeles. Reports noted the rapper was at his girlfriend Tori Brixx’s house when two men with masks came in her crib and asked for all the cash and jewels he had on him.

The rapper reportedly tried to fight the men off but was ultimately bested after three more men came in the house with guns.

Rich The Kid has seen better days, as previously he was involved in an alleged scuffle with Lil Uzi Vert in Philly. Now, a photo of the rapper appearing to be unconscious in a hospital bed has surfaced.

The photo was posted via his Instagram and did not include a caption, which is leading fans to believe this is a serious matter. Take a look above.

SOURCE

OJ Simpson up for Parole

OJ Simpson is going before the Parole board in Nevada for a hearing tomorrow about his release. In what some say is an unusal the case the actual victim in this crime, the sport memorabilia collector that Simpson robbed will be testifying in Simpson’s defense FOR the early release.

Watch this clip from CNN to find out more!!

17 People Arrested In Kardashian Robbery

The Kim Kardashian robbery finally has its first busts. French police arrested 17 people Monday in connection with the violent jewel heist in October of the reality star — a high-profile crime that has remained a mystery.

ctw2akxwgaadicc

Paris police announced the arrests of suspects ranging in age from 23 to 72, all of whom were known for prior robberies and crimes. During the morning raids, authorities uncovered a stash of firearms, plus about 140,000 euros ($147,500) in cash. Police released no details about the people in custody and announced no charges. Kardashian will be expected to identify suspects through a video feed in New York City.

articlekim0109

Kardashian’s French lawyer Jean Veil told the magazine L’Express the arrests were “a nice surprise” that might lead to some answers. This is the first breakthrough in the heist since five masked and armed robbers escaped Kardashian’s Paris abode Oct. 3 on bicycles — and with more than $10 million in snatched jewelry. The 36-year-old mother of two said the thieves had her bound, gagged and held at gunpoint after storming into her semi-secret hotel room during Paris Fashion Week.

kimkardashian

Kardashian and her husband, rapper Kanye West, have kept quiet about the incident since her return to America, even as speculation ran rampant about the robbery’s unsolved details. But Kardashian opened up about her trauma in a clip from the upcoming season of “Keeping up with the Kardashians,” and said she feared for her life as the bandits raided her room.

03-kim-k-paris-w710-h473-2x

“They’re going to shoot me in the back,” she recalled through tears in the clip, released last week. “There’s no way out….It makes me so upset to think about it.” She escaped unharmed. The robbery was one of two high-profile troubles to plague the Kardashian family in 2016. West, who notoriously ran off the stage of a sold-out show when he heard about the robbery, nixed the rest of his Saint Pablo tour in November and briefly went under psychiatric hold in Los Angeles.

SOURCE: WWF

Kim Kardashian West sues over claims she faked robbery

US reality TV star Kim Kardashian West is suing a celebrity gossip website for claiming that she faked being the victim of a robbery in Paris last week.

03-kim-k-paris-w710-h473-2x
The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for defamation and names both the site, MediaTakeout, and its founder, Fred Mwangaguhunga.
The star was tied up by gun-wielding robbers who broke into a Paris flat earlier this month, police say.
They made off with jewellery worth about $10million.

2016-10-03t22-52-10-8z-1280x720-nbcnews-ux-1080-600
The lawsuit filed in federal court in New York said that after being “the victim of a horrific and traumatic armed robbery in France, Kim Kardashian returned to the US only to again be victimised, but this time by an online gossip tabloid that published a series of articles in early October 2016 referring to her as a liar and thief”.

_91772725_035669434
The articles, it said, “claimed, without any factual support whatsoever, that Kardashian faked the robbery, lied about the violent assault, and then filed a fraudulent claim with her insurance company to bilk her carrier out of millions of dollars”.

49183794-cached
Mr Mwangaguhunga refused to publish a retraction and an apology “for calling her a liar and a criminal”, the lawsuit added. MediaTakeout has so far not commented.
The 35-year-old mother-of-two, who is married to rapper Kanye West, became a household name thanks to the reality TV series Keeping up with the Kardashians.

SOURCE: BBC

Ryan Lochte Apologizes For Rio Incident

One day after the head of the U.S. Olympic Committee issued a formal apology to Rio and Brazil over his and others’ behavior, swimming star Ryan Lochte says he should have been more careful and candid.

rs_1024x759-160812045646-1024.Ryan-Lochte-Rio-JR-081216

“I want to apologize for my behavior last weekend,” Lochte wrote on Instagram, “for not being more careful and candid in how I described the events of that early morning and for my role in taking the focus away from the many athletes fulfilling their dreams of participating in the Olympics.”

The apology comes one day after Rio police said Lochte, 32, fabricated a robbery story in which he claimed a group of armed men posing as police robbed him and three other swimmers as they were returning to the Athletes Village early Sunday morning.

“There was no robbery,” Rio de Janeiro Civil Police Chief Fernando Veloso said Thursday, announcing the results of a high-profile investigation into Lochte’s report that he and three other U.S. swimmers — James Feigen, 26; Gunnar Bentz, 20; and Jack Conger, 21 — had been held up at gunpoint during their time at the Summer Olympics.

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Of the four, Lochte was the first to leave the country, thus eluding an attempt by police to seize his and Feigen’s passports earlier this week.

The story has been a complicated one, with many viewing the robbery claim as an inexplicable allegation that made what might have been a molehill — swimmers argue with gas station employees, and no punches are thrown — into a mountain that involved the U.S. diplomatic corps and the publication of security camera footage from both the gas station and the Athletes Village.

gettyimages-589071354_custom-4fb2bfc4e6aeaebce17441e4bd8b08cbcbeae08f-s800-c85

In Brazil, the response to the robbery allegation has been sharp. As of Friday morning, a Google news search for Lochte’s name and the Portuguese word mentiroso (“liar”) returned nearly 5,800 results.

One hour after Lochte posted his statement on Instagram, it had already garnered 6,300 comments. While some of those responses were sympathetic to Lochte, others were not.

“Your excuses are more false than your blonde hair,” one reads, followed by this summary: “drunk American.”

Here’s another: “It’s too late, bro… Damage is done! This marketing speech won’t save it… Btw, you were held under gun point to control yourselves ’cause you were all crazy drunk breaking stuff at the gas station! You’re the ones who offered money so the gas station employees wouldn’t call the police. Don’t apologize for a lie lying again.”

maxresdefault

Lochte’s statement — which doesn’t acknowledge contradictions between the now-accepted version of events and what Lochte’s lawyer earlier this week called “a witness statement under oath” that the swimmer gave to police in claiming a robbery — stops well short of the tone struck by other U.S. officials.

“The behavior of these athletes is not acceptable,” U.S. Olympic Committee CEO Scott Blackmun said late Thursday night. He apologized to “the people of Brazil for this distracting ordeal in the midst of what should rightly be a celebration of excellence.”

Here’s how Blackmun summarized the events of that night:

“As we understand it, the four athletes (Bentz, Conger, [James] Feigen and Ryan Lochte) left France House early in the morning of August 14 in a taxi headed to the Olympic Village. They stopped at a gas station to use the restroom, where one of the athletes committed an act of vandalism. An argument ensued between the athletes and two armed gas station security staff, who displayed their weapons, ordered the athletes from their vehicle and demanded the athletes provide a monetary payment. Once the security officials received money from the athletes, the athletes were allowed to leave.”

While Lochte had already left Rio before police sought him, Bentz and Conger weren’t so fortunate. After they were pulled off a U.S.-bound airliner for questioning Wednesday, their passports were seized, and they spent hours at a police station before staying in Brazil for an extra night.

0b544ccd2bb298e16cbc7943ffd4d9ec

After the pair gave testimony about the morning in question, their passports were returned; they left Rio on Thursday, U.S. officials say.

As for Feigen, it now seems that he has resolved his legal troubles. Multiple news outlets in Rio are citing Feigen’s Brazilian attorney who says the swimmer made an agreement with a Brazilian judge that will see him donate 35,000 reals ($10,800) to a youth sports group in order to settle the issue and allow him to leave the country.

After Lochte’s statement was published, Rio 2016 spokesman Mario Andrada said Friday, “We obviously accept his apology and appreciate it.”

“Understand that the Brazilian population was quite disappointed in the actions and the facts,” he added, saying that around 1.8 million people had complained about the case on the Rio 2016 Twitter account.

rio-olympics-swimming

Saying “it’s clear the Brazilian population felt humiliated by the early part of the issue,” Andrada concluded that he thinks people in Brazil “will accept his apologies.”

When the USOC’s Blackmun apologized to the people of Brazil last night, he said that he’ll review the matter and consider possible consequences for the athletes.

Those consequences might include action by the national governing body. As NPR’s Howard Berkes tells us, USA Swimming’s code of conduct includes a broad rule concerning athletes’ behavior that is “detrimental to the image or reputation of USA Swimming … or the sport of swimming.”

Possible punishments for breaking that rule include being kicked out of the federation.

USA Swimming and the International Olympic Committee said separately they will investigate the matter, but gave no time frame on how long that might take.

SOURCE: NPR

Bloods May Be Involved In Chris Brown’s Home Invasion Robbery

Who didn’t see this coming?

chris-brown-pitbull

According to TMZ:

Several of Chris Brown‘s close friends were in on the home invasion robbery … at least that’s what Chris believes and we’ve learned cops have the same view.

Law enforcement sources as well as sources connected with Chris tell us, they believe the 4 guys who broke into his home Wednesday morning were not just casual friends … they were tight with him.
As we reported, cops believe a club promoter was also involved … someone who knew Chris just got $50k in cash for an appearance and that the money was in his home safe.
And there’s more. We’ve learned cops believe the Bloods may be involved as well. In fact, we’re told a member of LAPD’s Gang Unit was assigned the case.

And finally, we’re told people in Chris’ camp have already had “the talk” with him … to 86 several members of his crew “immediately.”

What a mess!

Chris Brown: Home Invasion Robbery -Victim (Chris’ Aunt) Held in Closet at Gunpoint

via TMZ

Chris Brown’s house was hit early Wednesday morning in a home invasion robbery and the robbers held his aunt at gunpoint, locked her in a closet and turned the place upside down … TMZ has learned.

It went down at around 2 AM at the San Fernando Valley house Chris just bought. !Three armed men forced their way in the house and found the aunt, put a gun in her face and ordered her into the closet. Law enforcement tells us the home invaders then ransacked the house, took money and other property and fled.

The aunt called 911 and cops raced to the scene, but the robbers were long gone.

Chris was not home at the time

chris-brown-pitbull

This is not the 1st time Breezy’s home has been broken into…

Sounds very suspicious to me and i feel its an inside job, what do you think?