Tag Archives: plea deal

Suge Knight Strikes 28-Year Plea Deal in Murder Case

Suge Knight has accepted a plea deal for 28-years after pleading no contest to voluntary manslaughter in the murder of Terry Carter, according to TMZ. The Death Row founder will be credited time served for the 3 1/2 years he spent in jail leading up to his sentencing. Suge will also be on parole for three years following his prison sentence.

Suge’s prior felony convictions also made this sentencing much harsher. He received five extra years because the murder was considered “serious and violent” as well as another year tacted on for using the truck as a deadly weapon.

According to TMZ, Suge Knight has struck a plea deal in the murder case of Terry Carter September 20. Suge was facing life in prison for killing Carter in 2015 in the parking lot of Tam’s Burgers in Compton. He also ran over Cle “Bone” Sloan,” who was injured but survived.

Suge has maintained that he wasn’t trying to hurt Sloan or Carter and says he was trying to escape after believing that they were both about to shoot him. Suge has been behind bars awaiting trial since the 2015 incident.

SOURCE

Advertisements

Fabolous Rejects Plea Deal in Emily B Assault Case, Headed to Grand Jury

Earlier this year, it was reported that Fabolous was expected to take a plea deal in his domestic abuse case with the mother of two of his kids, Emily Bustamante. The plea deal reportedly would’ve had Fabolous’ charges dismissed after he completed the pre-trial intervention program, but now the case is possibly headed to a Grand Jury.

According to Bossip, on Wednesday (June 25), Fabolous’ lawyer told the judge that the rapper wouldn’t be taking the plea deal and would take his chances with the Grand Jury. Prosecutors said that the case would be reviewed by a Grand Jury early next month, but Fabolous’ lawyer doesn’t think it will go that far. He stated, “It won’t necessarily go to the Grand Jury. It’s procedural.”

SOURCE

Chinx’s Accused Killer Reportedly Talks Plea Deal With Prosecutors

Jamar Hill, one of two men accused of gunning down Chinx in Brooklyn in 2015, appeared in court on Monday (July 16), where it was revealed that he’s working on a plea deal with prosecutors. Queens prosecutor Brian Hughes revealed in court that they are still working on a disposition.

Chinx's Accused Killer Reportedly Talks Plea Deal With Prosecutors

Hill and Quincy Homere are accused of killing Chinx after he left a performance at Red Wolf nightclub in Brooklyn on May 17, 2015. The two men followed Chinx and opened fire on his new Porsche Panamera 4, hitting the rapper 15 times and his passenger, Antar Alziadi, twice in the back. Alziadi survived the shooting.

Hill is due back in court on September 12, and he, along with Homere, is facing 25 years to life if convicted of the murder.

SOURCE

Bobby Shmurda’s Co-Defendant Gets 130 Years

Rapper Bobby Shmurda’s co-defendant in a Brooklyn gang conspiracy told a Manhattan judge to “suck my d–k” Wednesday, just before he was ordered jailed for more than a century.

shmurda

Foul-mouthed Santino Boderick a.k.a “Cueno” unleashed a volley of curses at Justice Abraham Clott, who remained calm. “F–k yourself,” Boderick said as he demanded to be removed from the courtroom before he was given a 117½- to 130-year sentence. Clott permitted the defendant’s exit, then delivered the sentence in his absence. Boderick was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder, attempted murder, possession of a weapon and 20 other felonies stemming from four gang-related shootings. In September, Boderick refused a plea deal of 15 years in prison.

shmurda-1

His three co-defendants, including Shmurda, took a deal. The case was handled by the Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor.

SOURCE: WWF